9:30 Coffee and registration
10:00 Welcome and Introduction to the Day – Professor Miriam David, Institute of Education, UK.
10:10 REPORTING FINDINGS: Gap Work Project overarching findings – Dr. Pam Alldred, Brunel University, UK.
10:30 Summary of the four training programmes in the project:
- UK - Neil Levitan and Dr. Fiona Cullen from Brunel University presenting training carried out with London Borough of Lewisham, About Young People and Rights of Women.
- Italy – Dr. Chiara Inaudi from CIRSDe, University of Turin, presenting training carried out with DEMETRA and the Maurice LGBTQ Centre.
- Spain - Dr. Barbara Biglia from Universitat Rovira i Virgili, presenting training carried out with associations Candela and Tamaia.
- Ireland - Dr. Berny McMahon from Maynooth University presenting their training.
12:00 Panel of Trainers and Coordinators for questions about and discussion of the training programmes.
13:00 Lunch Break (buffet lunch & drinks provided)
A chance to meet and talk with the trainers from 4 countries and to see project materials.
14:00 Afternoon theme: actions and reactions to findings - introduced by Dr. Pam Alldred, Brunel University, UK.
a) Reactions: Comments from Associate Partners
- Hungary - Dr Judit Takács, Institute of Sociology Hungarian Academy of Science.
- Serbia - Professor Vesna Nikolic-Ristanovic, Victimology Society of Serbia.
14:40 Actions: WORKSHOPS - Introduced by Professor Ian Rivers, Brunel University.
Parallel workshops to identify future actions to i) improve training on GRV, ii) raise the profile/status of GRV training for various practitioner groups, and iii) discuss the value of tackling diverse forms of violence together. Facilitators will collect the main points to share in the plenary.
15:45 Tea/coffee break
16:00 CLOSING PLENARY on Actions & Reactions – facilitated by Professor Rachel Thomson. Workshop facilitators report back from groups and open discussion with the floor.
17:00 Thanks and Close